As other innovations brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual recruitment has the potential to become a staple of the post-pandemic workplace. That’s why today we’d like to share with you four ideas to make the most of this recruitment method.
Pay Attention to Your Online Presence
With the limits imposed on in-person interactions, your online presence is more important than ever to attract top talent. Make sure that your website, career websites, and social media are all up to date and reflect accurately the culture of your company. Remember: You never get a second chance to make a good first impression, and that applies to employers as well.
Host Virtual Events
Once your online presence is optimized, you can proceed to host virtual events. Tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google teams make it easy to conduct events that may include:
- Job fairs
- Conferences where candidates meet hiring managers
- Virtual tours of your organization
- Q&A’s with team members
Let’s be honest: virtual recruitment is a response to peculiar circumstances. However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t lead to permanent innovations. Companies like PricewaterhouseCoopers, one of the world’s largest consulting firms, are using new instruments such as:
- Offering candidates self-scheduling and a choice of interviewers
- Candidate portals
- Virtual reality tours
For many organizations, virtual recruitment is a new experience and, as such, a work in progress. Improve your virtual recruitment efforts by evaluating results and asking for feedback from candidates. As with any other endeavor, being a good listener goes a long way toward creating positive change.
Get More Hiring Tips
These are some posts you may find interesting to learn more about current trends in the background screening industry.
- Make sure to avoid these common hiring mistakes
- How to reduce bias in your hiring process
- The importance of documenting your background screening process
- 3 Resume red flags all hiring managers should keep in mind
- 4 Benefits of Background Screening
- The basic do’s and don’ts of background screening
- Key insights from PBSA’s 2020 Background Screening Survey
At Plexus Global we ensure global candidate screening through tailored solutions and the most reliable technology.
We are located in Riverside, California. Contact us today by telephone (844-516-1008), email, or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to learn more about our services or schedule an initial discussion with one of our experienced professionals.