Administrative assistants are important members of any team and can be found across a vast array of industries, from tech to hospitality. With that in mind, today we offer some suggestions for pre-screening interview questions for administrative assistants.
What Is a Pre-Screening Interview?
A pre-screening interview is a series of short interview questions that allow hiring managers to get a sense of a candidate’s personality and work style before moving on to a more in-depth interview.
Conducting pre-screening interviews is important because it contributes to improving your hiring process by weeding out unqualified or unfit applicants as early as possible.
Pre-Screening Interview Questions for Administrative Assistants
The below pre-screening interview questions are designed to help you ensure that a candidate administrative assistant meets the basic requirements for the job.
You can use the entire set of questions, or just choose the questions that fit your goals and needs.
- How did you hear about this job?
- What do you find appealing about this position?
- Describe yourself in three words
- Describe your typical day at your current job
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses
- What motivates you?
- What are your short-term/long-term professional goals?
- What is your typing speed?
- What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced at your current job?
- Do you have experience with travel arrangements?
- What software are you comfortable using?
- What management style do you prefer?
- What experiences tend to make you feel frustrated at work?
- How do you handle stress and deadlines?
- How do you prefer to communicate?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Please give an example of how you’ve used (name of software) on the job
- Tell me about a time where you had to manage conflict
- What are your salary expectations?
Remember that a pre-screening interview is just the first step towards a robust background screening program.
Partnering with a reliable background screening company that leverages the latest in screening technology is the best way to increase candidate quality and minimize compliance risks.
Plexus Global: Ongoing Background Screening Services in California
Looking for a dependable background screening partner? Plexus Global is a background screening company located in Riverside, California, serving organizations all over the U.S. and abroad.
Contact us today by telephone (844-516-1008), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.