At this point, it’s clear that remote work will become an integral part of many organizations. This shift is leading hiring managers and recruiters to change their processes accordingly. To help you do just that, today we bring you 15 questions you should ask when hiring for a remote position.
15 Questions You Should Ask When Hiring for a Remote Position
Even if a candidate has an impressive resume, the interview remains an essential part of the recruiting process. As the saying goes, that’s when the rubber meets the road.
The following questions will help you gauge specific abilities a candidate must have in order to succeed working remotely. Feel free to choose the questions that make sense for your company according to your organizational culture and the responsibilities of the position.
- Have you ever worked remotely?
- What does your home office look like?
- What do you think are the most important challenges when working remotely?
- What do you do to stay organized?
- How do you manage your time?
- What do you do to stay focused?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Are you able to work on your own?
- What tools do you think are the best/most useful for remote work?
- How would you avoid communication problems when working remotely?
- Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict with a coworker.
- Tell me about a time you had to manage miscommunication at work.
- How do you handle multiple tasks?
- How do you handle priorities?
- How would you achieve a healthy work-life balance when working remotely?
Why You Should Ask These Questions
In addition to the basic qualifications and experience, remote work requires a well-developed sense of time management as well as outstanding communication skills.
The above questions will help you get a sense of a prospective employee’s work style and communication skill set, the two cornerstones of great remote work.
By combining these insights with the comprehensive information you get with a thorough background check, you can identify the candidates that are best suited to the requirements and duties of the position you are trying to fill.
Plexus Global: High-Quality Background Screening Services in California
We are located in Riverside, California, and we serve companies all over the U.S. and abroad. Contact us today by telephone (844-516-1008), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.